Saturday, October 8, 2011

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/before-after-pictures-of-japan-3-months-after-th

Here are a few before and after pictures of various places around Japan showing the incredible progress their society has been making to rebuild.

Each one of these pictures plucks at your heartstrings in one way or another, and I am filled with hope by them. These people have perseverved through the worst natural disaster I have ever been alive and are making progress.

It acts as a foil for the other problems around the world that are so miniscule compared to this one. America's threaten each other over matter of comfort while Japanese peopl clear building concrete out of streets. Japan has a credit debt rating of AA- from the early 90's while we fear our nation crumbling from just being lowered by 1 company to AA+.

Course, Americans lead the world in finding new ways to have fun and spend our parents money. I love football, as most Americans do, yet I like watching the World Cup and love the Olympics.

Makes me wonder if the US is the best country now and forever.

Go USA! I still think it is... right now even with all the problems.

No comments: