Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fancy

You Fancy Huh?

I forgot last week to Blog because I was so busy visiting my gf in San Diego and moving into my new place in Dixon, CA (5 mins from Davis). I will make it up this week.

Well, after being laid off for 3 days, I have a job situation that works out as I can still take care of my parents and work hard.

My Engineering firm, BeKaFf (spelled it like that because HR divisions google their company's name and see what has changed about it) has offices scattered throughout Norcal and 1 in Orange County. I am now based in the Sacramento Office, here


View Larger Map

We are really close to the Capitol. The first time I have ever driven to the Capitol, and I admit that I was a little awestruck seeing the Capitol Building right in front of me. It is definitely because I have become much more interested in the news and government because of listening to NPR. Even at work I download their podcasts and listen to them instead of music. It is an excellent way of learning and keeping up on current events.
More about Sacramento later! I will be working in Sacramento and living in Dixon Tuesday to Thursday. Drive up Monday, Drive down Thursday.

On Mondays and Fridays, I get to work from the San Jose Office here:

View Larger Map

I will be putting an enormous amount of miles on my car, but it is actually less then when I was working at Walnut Creek every day. Trust me, I am driving less.

Right now I am renting a room at my friend's parents extra house in Dixon. It is a 1 story and he is there for classes in Davis Tuesday through Thursday. I rarely see him because hes out with friends or working.

I'll talk about the place more in another blog post, but the largest problem has been a poor wireless internet connection because I'm about 50 ft away from the old router and it has to past through multiple rooms to get to me. Just a few years ago it would not have been a big problem but now so much of what I do is ridiculously better with it.

I should become used to not relying on the internet to constantly entertain me, like this!

No comments: