Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sporting Events

So I watched the SuperBowl this Sunday at a friends place which turned out to be a small gettogether. At about halftime my friend's wife was passed out on the floor, sleeping soundly after a few drinks.

It wasn't that thrilling of a game as the first half was dominated by the Steelers poor play. Though the second half was much more thrilling and high caliber, especially for a fan that doesn't care really about either team.

What I have found odd though is that to truly enjoy watching some type of sport, you have to have been taught it at a young age and possibly have played in it. Though I am interested in Tennis (going to watch the SAP first round with some friends today), I feel like that interest has stemmed from a small of amount of experience playing it and the people around me enjoying it.

It is my goal that in the next year I go to a:

Sharks home game
SJSU basketball/football game
Battle of the Bay game
Warriors home game

For each one I will make a poster from Kinko's (its so cheap!) and try to enjoy the atmosphere. Most of those event I haven't been to in years or ever!

No comments: